As an Internet user you may notice that your computer behaves oddly or does things that you would not expect. This could be for many different reasons, but more recently this problem is often an issue with Malware.
There are many symptoms related to Malware being installed on a computer, however it can sometimes mean that you might have a virus. Malware covers viruses, Spyware and Adware. A computer infected with Spyware usually behaves oddly and performs unexpected actions.
Below are the most common symptoms associated with Malware programs:
- Your computer is very slow when performing actions.
- Your computer's connection to the internet seems slower that usual.
- Downloading from the Internet is slower than usual. You cannot access web pages that you usually visit.
- Web pages that you visit are frequently redirected to unexpected pages.
- Your web browser's default homepage has suddenly changed.
- An additional toolbar suddenly appears in your browser.
- You keep getting unexpected pop-up windows in your browser (i.e. advertisements).
- Your computer frequently displays error messages.
If your computer is experiencing any of the above symptoms, it is possible that it could be infected with Malware. Don't panic! Call Bushbaby Computing. We can remove the Ad/Spyware that could causing these problems and show you how to keep your PC free from it.
Spyware is an ever increasing problem and we can help you overcome it!
What are Adware and Spyware?
- Any software application in which advertising banners are displayed while the program is running is called Adware. And any software that sends data back to a third party - WITHOUT ASKING the user - is Spyware.
- This means that software can be Adware and Spyware at the same time! More importantly, not all Adware is Spyware and most Spyware is NOT easily detected by displaying ads.
- For further information, have a look at our Quick Reference Guide